August 28, 2011

Felt Quiet Book

I had high hopes that I'd be able to get a quiet book (check out my inspirations here and here) done for Rowan's 1st birthday.  A week before the gift was to be given, my sewing machine imploded.  I sunk into a deep, sewing-deprived depression and I avoided everything having to do with the book (even though a lot of it is hand-sewn) until a few days ago.

Here's what I've got going on:

Counting balloons
Felt safari - these little dudes have a jungle scene to live in


Peek-a-boo Bird and pick-your-own Apples






















Flowers that spin







I have three more pages half completed and three more to start.  It's been a lot of fun doing all of this hand sewing and re-learning embroidery stitches.  Hopefully I get this done before he turns two!

No comments: