March 15, 2011

Sapling Highchair

How cool is this?!





























Did you know I had these mad skills?  Kidding, I did not make this.  But my Dad did! 

Rowan's highchair is made from maple saplings that were bent and shaped using steam.  Dad said he strapped on some snow shoes and tromped out to the woodlot to harvest some choice specimens. 




















My little dude currently needs to be strapped in, so I'm using a traveling highchair to help keep him seated until I can fashion some sort of baby-clasping device. 






























Rowan likes to be a part of the goings on at the kitchen table!

On a completely separate topic:

'


















I don't know why, but I really wanted to share my latest antique store find.  I guess because it's just so darn interesting and functional.  I was originally going to paint it, but I'm glad I didn't.  It's definitely better au naturel.

No comments: