February 14, 2011

My Valentine's Day FAILURE

May I make a confession?

I've never been a huge fan of Valentine's Day.  Christmas and Hallowe'en are my kind of holidays.  It's a personal choice, and I do not wish to discuss the details of it over the blog.  No need to be labeled a 'Debbie Downer'.

Regardless of my convictions, I did get into a lukewarm lovey-dovey mood this year. 


It was sweet.


Super sweet.


My nearest and dearest were SUPPOSE to get edible Valentines in the mail.


Along with some nifty magnets that I saw at Crafts By Amanda and just HAD to make.


Both gifts were inspired by the conversation hearts that turn up this time of year.  I'm not keen on their flavour (or chalky-ness...eww!) but I do like the pastel colours that are used.

Where does the failure part come in?  Well, they were too bulky to send through the mail.  Correction:  too expensive to send through the mail due to their bulkiness.  Even after repacking them.....twice.  I have two friends living out west that I will not be seeing for a little while, so I made an exception for them.  I managed to hand deliver a few and share some at a mum/baby play group.  I guess it wasn't a complete fail :)


So, to the rest of you, I love you bunches and I promise to get my act together next year!


No comments: